Who knew it, Tampa Bay Florida has a Cheesecake Day! April 11th’s got my two favorite words, cheese and cake, sharing a day of celebration. Sweet! It is when families should take a break from their busy routines and have fun with good conversation and an awesome dessert. BTW, this goes great with ice cold chamomile tea, lemonade and any kind of cake really… we like to mix it up!
Cheesecake is a dessert consisting of a mixture of cheese, eggs, and sugar; often on a crust or base made from crushed cookies, crackers, pastry or sponge cake. It is usually sweetened with sugar and may be flavored or topped with fruit, whipped cream, nuts, fruit sauce and/or chocolate.
Almost all modern cheesecakes in the United States and Canada use cream cheese; in Italy, cheesecakes use ricotta; Germany, the Netherlands and Poland use quark. Cheesecakes are most easily baked in a leak-proof springform pan, often paired with a water bath to more evenly distribute the heat. Because of the high density of most cheesecakes, they continue baking for some time after removal from an oven.
- The Cheesecake Factory
- A Better Cheesecake Inc.
- Housewife Bake Shop
- Baskin Robbins
- Publix Supermarket and other grocery stores alike
- And my absolute favorite, at home! Yep, you can bake this one yourself… it’s really not that difficult [ok, maybe it is :P]
Here’s a fun fact: most celebrate the day with other types of cake, cupcakes, muffins and it’s all fun.
Want to take a shot at cheesecake? I will let the best chef I know tell you how.
33 graham cracker squares, crumbled
4 ounces (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted, plus additional, for brushing the pan
1 tablespoon sugar
20 ounces cream cheese
1 1/4 cups sour cream
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup heavy cream
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Brush some of the melted butter around a 9 by 3-inch cake pan. Adhere parchment to the bottom and the sides.
In a small bowl, combine crumbled graham crackers, the remaining melted butter, and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Press 2/3 of the mixture into the bottom of the parchment-lined pan. Place remaining crumbs on a sheet pan and bake both the crust and the remaining mixture for 10 minutes. Cool. Reserve additional crumb mixture for sides.
In a mixer with a paddle attachment, beat sour cream for 10 seconds. Add the cream cheese and sugar and mix on low for 30 seconds and then turn up to medium. Scrape the bowl.
In a separate container, combine vanilla, eggs, yolks, and heavy cream. With the mixer on medium, slowly pour the liquid mixture in. When half of it is incorporated, stop and scrape. Continue adding the mixture until the rest of the ingredients are incorporated. Once completely combined, pour into the cooled crust.
Lower oven temperature to 250 degrees F. Place cheesecake into a preheated water bath, in the oven for 1 hour. Turn the oven off and open the door for one minute. Close the door for one more hour. Remove the cheesecake from the water bath and place in the refrigerator for 6 hours to completely cool before serving.
When ready to serve, place the entire cake pan into a hot water bath for about 15 seconds. Unmold onto a cake round or serving dish. Take the remaining graham cracker mixture and press into the sides of the cake.
To slice, place your knife into a hot water bath and wipe dry each time you make a pass through the cake.
- Not her breast look! Braless Chantel Jeffries suffers MAJOR wardrobe malfunction as she flashes her nipples under sheer top during night out October 21, 2017
- 2 Years After Sobriety Test, ‘Bikini Grandma’ Says She Still Drives Around in Swimwear October 21, 2017
- Paris Hilton shares topless photo of herself holding one of her dogs October 21, 2017
- ‘Bikini Granny’ Says She Got Offers From Strangers to Buy Her Bathing Suit October 21, 2017
- ‘Shalom Bollywood: The Untold Story of Indian Cinema’: Film Review | Mumbai 2017 October 21, 2017
- Paris Hilton Goes Tastefully Topless In A Pic On Instagram October 20, 2017
- X Factor hopeful Tracy Leanne Jefford suffers unfortunate wardrobe malfunction as she reveals a little too much beneath ill October 20, 2017
- Two Friends with Totally Different Bikini Bodies Land Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Gig October 20, 2017
- It’s Time to Start Talking About Ashanti’s Glamorous Instagram Bikini Photos October 20, 2017
Tampa, FloridaTampa is a city in the U.S. state of Florida. It serves as the county seat for Hillsborough County and is located on the west coast of Florida, on Tampa Bay near the Gulf of Mexico.
In 1824, the United States Army established a frontier outpost called Fort Brooke at the mouth of the Hillsborough River, near the site of today's Tampa Convention Center.
- These South Florida ‘Hooters girls’ aren’t just eye candy
- SBI successful in Clearwater, heads for Key West Nov. 5
- Buccaneers’ Jameis Winston good to go for Sunday’s game vs. Bills
- West Central Florida Forecast
- This week in odd news: Bathtub gator; Too fat for prison?
- Small Plane Has Emergency Landing on a Florida Street, Strikes Two Cars
- Superiority complex: USF continues to battle schedule, expectations
- Celebrating Diwali: Annual Festival of Lights gets underway in Central Florida
- Guest column: Girl Scouts designed to help girls excel on their own terms
- Find every new Shine festival mural in St. Petersburg with this map and photos
Ann’s CookbookAnn's Cookbook # On the menu # Inspiration and entertainment. The recipes for life. Start your day right.