Who knew it, Tampa Bay Florida has a Cheesecake Day! April 11th’s got my two favorite words, cheese and cake, sharing a day of celebration. Sweet! It is when families should take a break from their busy routines and have fun with good conversation and an awesome dessert. BTW, this goes great with ice cold chamomile tea, lemonade and any kind of cake really… we like to mix it up!
Cheesecake is a dessert consisting of a mixture of cheese, eggs, and sugar; often on a crust or base made from crushed cookies, crackers, pastry or sponge cake. It is usually sweetened with sugar and may be flavored or topped with fruit, whipped cream, nuts, fruit sauce and/or chocolate.
Almost all modern cheesecakes in the United States and Canada use cream cheese; in Italy, cheesecakes use ricotta; Germany, the Netherlands and Poland use quark. Cheesecakes are most easily baked in a leak-proof springform pan, often paired with a water bath to more evenly distribute the heat. Because of the high density of most cheesecakes, they continue baking for some time after removal from an oven.
- The Cheesecake Factory
- A Better Cheesecake Inc.
- Housewife Bake Shop
- Baskin Robbins
- Publix Supermarket and other grocery stores alike
- And my absolute favorite, at home! Yep, you can bake this one yourself… it’s really not that difficult [ok, maybe it is :P]
Here’s a fun fact: most celebrate the day with other types of cake, cupcakes, muffins and it’s all fun.
Want to take a shot at cheesecake? I will let the best chef I know tell you how.
33 graham cracker squares, crumbled
4 ounces (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted, plus additional, for brushing the pan
1 tablespoon sugar
20 ounces cream cheese
1 1/4 cups sour cream
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup heavy cream
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Brush some of the melted butter around a 9 by 3-inch cake pan. Adhere parchment to the bottom and the sides.
In a small bowl, combine crumbled graham crackers, the remaining melted butter, and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Press 2/3 of the mixture into the bottom of the parchment-lined pan. Place remaining crumbs on a sheet pan and bake both the crust and the remaining mixture for 10 minutes. Cool. Reserve additional crumb mixture for sides.
In a mixer with a paddle attachment, beat sour cream for 10 seconds. Add the cream cheese and sugar and mix on low for 30 seconds and then turn up to medium. Scrape the bowl.
In a separate container, combine vanilla, eggs, yolks, and heavy cream. With the mixer on medium, slowly pour the liquid mixture in. When half of it is incorporated, stop and scrape. Continue adding the mixture until the rest of the ingredients are incorporated. Once completely combined, pour into the cooled crust.
Lower oven temperature to 250 degrees F. Place cheesecake into a preheated water bath, in the oven for 1 hour. Turn the oven off and open the door for one minute. Close the door for one more hour. Remove the cheesecake from the water bath and place in the refrigerator for 6 hours to completely cool before serving.
When ready to serve, place the entire cake pan into a hot water bath for about 15 seconds. Unmold onto a cake round or serving dish. Take the remaining graham cracker mixture and press into the sides of the cake.
To slice, place your knife into a hot water bath and wipe dry each time you make a pass through the cake.
- Katrina Kaif turns 35! Alia Bhatt, Sonam and Arjun Kapoor pour in birthday wishes July 16, 2018
- Priyanka Chopra caught dancing on the streets of NYC with Liam Hemsworth July 16, 2018
- Stage being set for Taylor Swift’s CLE concert July 16, 2018
- Kim Kardashian Just Shut Down Everyone Who Said Kylie Jenner Isn’t “Self July 16, 2018
- PICS ALERT! Aishwarya Rai Bachchan-Aaradhya Bachchan Join In The Euphoria From Paris As France Lifts World Cup 2018 July 16, 2018
- Ashley Graham Rocked a Sexy White Bikini With a Basically Non-Existent Cover July 16, 2018
- Ant McPartlin’s estranged wife Lisa Armstrong flirts with 90s boyband star on Instagram after debuting new look July 16, 2018
Tampa, FloridaTampa is a city in the U.S. state of Florida. It serves as the county seat for Hillsborough County and is located on the west coast of Florida, on Tampa Bay near the Gulf of Mexico.
In 1824, the United States Army established a frontier outpost called Fort Brooke at the mouth of the Hillsborough River, near the site of today's Tampa Convention Center.
- Ann's Cookbook # On the menu # Inspiration and entertainment. The recipes for life. Start your day right.
Visit The Galaxy, Entertainment News and Research.
- Florida bucket list: 20 things you have to do in the Sunshine State
- Girls notes: Links’ Gony elevating game, recruiting interest; Crete’s Maly, SSC’s Sims aim for big summers
- Report: Florida’s economy tops $1 trillion
- Team featuring USF hoops alumni advances in national tourney
- MGX Earns AAU Club Team Championship In Florida
- Area sports notes: Ashley Gilliam romps in State Girls’ Junior repeat
- No shortage of ads ahead of Florida 2018 midterm election
- Ohio twin boys on vacation in Florida save girl from drowning
- CANCELLED - ETCRP Land Use Subcommittee Meeting
- Safe Summer Presentation
- ETCRP Planning & Evaluation Subcommittee Meeting
- General Employees Retirement Board of Trustees Meeting
- Tampa Heights Riverfront Community Redevelopment Area - Community Advisory Committee Meeting
- CANCELLED - Westshore Residential Neighborhood Improvement Committee
- Safe Summer Presentation