ABOUT THE TAMPA RIVERWALK
The concept of a river walk along the downtown Tampa waterfront has been around since the mid-1970s. In 2003, renewed emphasis was placed on accelerating the development of the waterfront to enhance the image of Tampa as a beautiful and unique destination. The goal was to create a Riverwalk with timeless appeal and memorable qualities that will draw people from both near and far.
Over the past 2 decades, the City of Tampa has been transformed into a true waterfront city. The Riverwalk provides access for anyone who desires to enjoy a walk, jog or bike along this continuous pathway extending from the Channelside area to Tampa Heights along the east side of the Hillsborough River. It incorporates pedestrian amenities, art and interpretive elements, retail and restaurants, and parks and open space. As one of the key developmental elements, the Riverwalk has revitalized the heart of the city, accentuating one of the City of Tampa’s most valuable resources — the waterfront. Our vision “to create a vibrant and interactive waterfront experience for residents and visitors that reflects the spirit and uniqueness of Tampa” has become reality.
(This info is from the official website)
FRIENDS OF THE RIVERWALK
A nonprofit organization working in tandem with the City of Tampa to transform downtown’s waterfront into an active, pedestrian friendly environment for commerce, transportation, entertainment and fitness — all to enhance the city center.
FRIENDS OF THE RIVERWALK:
- Selena Gomez Hacker Could Spend 9 Years in Prison After Leaking Personal Files July 17, 2018
- Kim Kardashian risks wardrobe malfunction in shockingly low July 17, 2018
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ Star Brittany Cartwright Flaunts 25 July 17, 2018
- Emmerdale spoilers: Dan Spencer doesn’t want Amelia to return to school July 17, 2018
- EastEnders spoilers: New missing money story revealed for the Slaters July 17, 2018
- Coronation Street spoilers: Baby Susie has been kidnapped and disaster follows July 16, 2018
- Deepika Padukone wishes Katrina Kaif on her birthday; Here’s what she posted July 16, 2018
Tampa, FloridaTampa is a city in the U.S. state of Florida. It serves as the county seat for Hillsborough County and is located on the west coast of Florida, on Tampa Bay near the Gulf of Mexico.
In 1824, the United States Army established a frontier outpost called Fort Brooke at the mouth of the Hillsborough River, near the site of today's Tampa Convention Center.
- Ann's Cookbook # On the menu # Inspiration and entertainment. The recipes for life. Start your day right.
Visit The Galaxy, Entertainment News and Research.
- USF St. Pete works to eliminate local gender executive gap with training partnership
- National Mango Board celebrates Florida’s mango heritage
- Play encouraged at Florida Orchestra’s Instrument Petting Zoo
- Florida bucket list: 20 things you have to do in the Sunshine State
- Girls notes: Links’ Gony elevating game, recruiting interest; Crete’s Maly, SSC’s Sims aim for big summers
- Report: Florida’s economy tops $1 trillion
- Team featuring USF hoops alumni advances in national tourney
- MGX Earns AAU Club Team Championship In Florida
- Safe Summer Presentation
- ETCRP Planning & Evaluation Subcommittee Meeting
- General Employees Retirement Board of Trustees Meeting
- Tampa Heights Riverfront Community Redevelopment Area - Community Advisory Committee Meeting
- CANCELLED - Westshore Residential Neighborhood Improvement Committee
- Safe Summer Presentation
- Movie Night at Springhill Community Center