ABOUT THE TAMPA RIVERWALK
The concept of a river walk along the downtown Tampa waterfront has been around since the mid-1970s. In 2003, renewed emphasis was placed on accelerating the development of the waterfront to enhance the image of Tampa as a beautiful and unique destination. The goal was to create a Riverwalk with timeless appeal and memorable qualities that will draw people from both near and far.
Over the past 2 decades, the City of Tampa has been transformed into a true waterfront city. The Riverwalk provides access for anyone who desires to enjoy a walk, jog or bike along this continuous pathway extending from the Channelside area to Tampa Heights along the east side of the Hillsborough River. It incorporates pedestrian amenities, art and interpretive elements, retail and restaurants, and parks and open space. As one of the key developmental elements, the Riverwalk has revitalized the heart of the city, accentuating one of the City of Tampa’s most valuable resources — the waterfront. Our vision “to create a vibrant and interactive waterfront experience for residents and visitors that reflects the spirit and uniqueness of Tampa” has become reality.
(This info is from the official website)
FRIENDS OF THE RIVERWALK
A nonprofit organization working in tandem with the City of Tampa to transform downtown’s waterfront into an active, pedestrian friendly environment for commerce, transportation, entertainment and fitness — all to enhance the city center.
FRIENDS OF THE RIVERWALK:
- Big Brother 2018: ‘I’m not ashamed’ Lewis Flanagan speaks out on REMOVAL from house October 27, 2018
- Red hot! Love Island’s Cassidy McGill risks a wardrobe malfunction in a daring thigh October 27, 2018
- Demi Rose shows off her famous curves in a red bikini in sexy new fashion shoot October 27, 2018
- X Factor 2018 spoilers: Song choices for second live show REVEALED October 27, 2018
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas spend time together in New York amid wedding buzz. See pics October 27, 2018
- KISS Haunted House Party: TOWIE’s Shelby Tribble oozes sex appeal in a PVC devil costume as she joins Clelia … October 27, 2018
- X Factor UK coming to TVJ October 27, 2018
Tampa, FloridaTampa is a city in the U.S. state of Florida. It serves as the county seat for Hillsborough County and is located on the west coast of Florida, on Tampa Bay near the Gulf of Mexico.
In 1824, the United States Army established a frontier outpost called Fort Brooke at the mouth of the Hillsborough River, near the site of today's Tampa Convention Center.
- Ann's Cookbook # On the menu # Inspiration and entertainment. The recipes for life. Start your day right.
Visit The Galaxy, Entertainment News and Research.
- Win tickets to Molly Hatchet 40th Anniversary Concert
- Top things to do in Tampa Bay on Saturday, Oct. 27
- Venture capital gains ground around Tampa Bay
- USF Begins AAC Gauntlet this weekend in Houston
- Andrew Gillum attends several campaign events for ‘Bring it Home’ tour in South Florida
- Plan your weekend: KittyCon, Halloween parties, Hanson, Shakespeare in the park and Open Streets St. Pete
- Party is on: Landing gets permit for Florida
- Jacksonville Landing gets permit for Georgia/Florida events
- Ybor City Saturday Market
- Step Forward to Cure TS
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day (CVS | 102 S. Dale Mabry)
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day (CVS | 2502 W. Hillsborough Ave)
- Family Faith Fest
- NEW EVENT LOCATION : The Diocese of St. Petersburg Presents Family Faith Fest 2018
- Hampton Terrace Community Association Pumpkin Festival 2018