ABOUT THE TAMPA RIVERWALK
The concept of a river walk along the downtown Tampa waterfront has been around since the mid-1970s. In 2003, renewed emphasis was placed on accelerating the development of the waterfront to enhance the image of Tampa as a beautiful and unique destination. The goal was to create a Riverwalk with timeless appeal and memorable qualities that will draw people from both near and far.
Over the past 2 decades, the City of Tampa has been transformed into a true waterfront city. The Riverwalk provides access for anyone who desires to enjoy a walk, jog or bike along this continuous pathway extending from the Channelside area to Tampa Heights along the east side of the Hillsborough River. It incorporates pedestrian amenities, art and interpretive elements, retail and restaurants, and parks and open space. As one of the key developmental elements, the Riverwalk has revitalized the heart of the city, accentuating one of the City of Tampa’s most valuable resources — the waterfront. Our vision “to create a vibrant and interactive waterfront experience for residents and visitors that reflects the spirit and uniqueness of Tampa” has become reality.
(This info is from the official website)
FRIENDS OF THE RIVERWALK
A nonprofit organization working in tandem with the City of Tampa to transform downtown’s waterfront into an active, pedestrian friendly environment for commerce, transportation, entertainment and fitness — all to enhance the city center.
FRIENDS OF THE RIVERWALK:
- Miss USA 2018: And the Winner Is… May 22, 2018
- Kareena Kapoor Khan on Veere Di Wedding: I knew I would take time to resume because I had to be with Taimur May 22, 2018
- Former Coronation Street star Lucy-Jo Hudson joins Hollyoaks as soap announces three new characters and the return of Liberty Savage May 22, 2018
- Coronation Street and Emmerdale: Soap stars deal with traumatic plots May 22, 2018
- EastEnders stars on the stabbing storyline May 22, 2018
- ‘Coronation Street’ Spoilers: Pat Phelan makes his move, David stunned by Shona May 21, 2018
- We Want To Know Who Started This Rumor About Rihanna’s Savage Comment To Kendall Jenner May 21, 2018
Tampa, FloridaTampa is a city in the U.S. state of Florida. It serves as the county seat for Hillsborough County and is located on the west coast of Florida, on Tampa Bay near the Gulf of Mexico.
In 1824, the United States Army established a frontier outpost called Fort Brooke at the mouth of the Hillsborough River, near the site of today's Tampa Convention Center.
- Ann's Cookbook # On the menu # Inspiration and entertainment. The recipes for life. Start your day right.
Visit The Galaxy, Entertainment News and Research.
- Former Admiral Farragut star Craig Watts leaves USF
- Scott blitzes Florida with TV ads. Nelson holds off. That’s how Scott won last time.
- Make the most of Memorial Day Weekend 2018 at these South Florida events
- Sears closing Plantation store among 40 others in 24 states
- Miami company among winners at Florida Venture Forum Early Stage Capital Conference
- Willie Taggart: ‘Pretty cool’ to be back in Tampa as FSU coach
- USF softball team’s season ends in Gainesville
- Romano: Save your money, sports betting won’t be in Florida anytime soon
- ETCRP/Land Use Subcommittee Meeting
- Law Enforcement and Community Youth Conversations
- Tampa Bay Lightning Watch Party --Game 6
- Public Outreach: Channelside Drive Design Project
- City of Tampa Human Rights Board Meeting
- ETCRP/Economic Development Subcommittee Meeting
- Special Operations Forces Industry Conference Demonstration