ABOUT THE TAMPA RIVERWALK
The concept of a river walk along the downtown Tampa waterfront has been around since the mid-1970s. In 2003, renewed emphasis was placed on accelerating the development of the waterfront to enhance the image of Tampa as a beautiful and unique destination. The goal was to create a Riverwalk with timeless appeal and memorable qualities that will draw people from both near and far.
Over the past 2 decades, the City of Tampa has been transformed into a true waterfront city. The Riverwalk provides access for anyone who desires to enjoy a walk, jog or bike along this continuous pathway extending from the Channelside area to Tampa Heights along the east side of the Hillsborough River. It incorporates pedestrian amenities, art and interpretive elements, retail and restaurants, and parks and open space. As one of the key developmental elements, the Riverwalk has revitalized the heart of the city, accentuating one of the City of Tampa’s most valuable resources — the waterfront. Our vision “to create a vibrant and interactive waterfront experience for residents and visitors that reflects the spirit and uniqueness of Tampa” has become reality.
(This info is from the official website)
FRIENDS OF THE RIVERWALK
A nonprofit organization working in tandem with the City of Tampa to transform downtown’s waterfront into an active, pedestrian friendly environment for commerce, transportation, entertainment and fitness — all to enhance the city center.
FRIENDS OF THE RIVERWALK:
- SHOCK couple to share unexpected New Year’s Eve kiss in tonight’s EastEnders December 31, 2018
- EastEnders’ Karen Taylor kisses Billy Mitchell at New Year December 31, 2018
- Coronation Street star Jane Danson opens up about heartbreaking miscarriage December 31, 2018
- Love Island’s Tyla Carr reveals first glimpse of new baby Archie December 31, 2018
- Rani Mukerji Disagrees With Deepika, Alia & Anushka on #MeToo, Gets Slammed on Social Media December 31, 2018
- Emily Ratajkowski and Rosie Huntington December 30, 2018
- Eastenders spoilers: First look at Rainie Branning’s dramatic collapse December 30, 2018
Tampa, FloridaTampa is a city in the U.S. state of Florida. It serves as the county seat for Hillsborough County and is located on the west coast of Florida, on Tampa Bay near the Gulf of Mexico.
In 1824, the United States Army established a frontier outpost called Fort Brooke at the mouth of the Hillsborough River, near the site of today's Tampa Convention Center.
- Ann's Cookbook # On the menu # Inspiration and entertainment. The recipes for life. Start your day right.
Visit The Galaxy, Entertainment News and Research.
- Outback Bowl brings $1 billion to Tampa Bay over 33 years
- Does the path to Tampa mayor run through East Tampa? Candidates act like it does
- Preparations Underway in South Florida For New Year’s Eve
- Jeff Jacobs: USF’s Yetna was a big oversight for UConn
- Pelosi taps Florida Democrat to lead climate change panel
- Brevard Zoo Announces Projects to Receive Funding Through Quarters for Conservation Program |
- 2018 Naples Daily News All-Area Girls Golf Team
- The Daystarter: An eye-opening look at Florida foster care; cloudy today but on the warmer side; time to give the Bucs’ Gerald McCoy a hug