ABOUT THE TAMPA RIVERWALK
The concept of a river walk along the downtown Tampa waterfront has been around since the mid-1970s. In 2003, renewed emphasis was placed on accelerating the development of the waterfront to enhance the image of Tampa as a beautiful and unique destination. The goal was to create a Riverwalk with timeless appeal and memorable qualities that will draw people from both near and far.
Over the past 2 decades, the City of Tampa has been transformed into a true waterfront city. The Riverwalk provides access for anyone who desires to enjoy a walk, jog or bike along this continuous pathway extending from the Channelside area to Tampa Heights along the east side of the Hillsborough River. It incorporates pedestrian amenities, art and interpretive elements, retail and restaurants, and parks and open space. As one of the key developmental elements, the Riverwalk has revitalized the heart of the city, accentuating one of the City of Tampa’s most valuable resources — the waterfront. Our vision “to create a vibrant and interactive waterfront experience for residents and visitors that reflects the spirit and uniqueness of Tampa” has become reality.
(This info is from the official website)
FRIENDS OF THE RIVERWALK
A nonprofit organization working in tandem with the City of Tampa to transform downtown’s waterfront into an active, pedestrian friendly environment for commerce, transportation, entertainment and fitness — all to enhance the city center.
FRIENDS OF THE RIVERWALK:
- We still can’t believe that Stacey Solomon’s entire leopard print outfit is from Primark August 28, 2018
- Kareena Kapoor Khan’s new make-up line August 28, 2018
- EastEnders spoilers: Mel Owen’s dangerous ex Ray Kelly arrives with a sinister plan August 28, 2018
- Coronation Street spoilers: Jim McDonald causes chaos as he returns August 27, 2018
- Yay or Nay : Deepika Padukone in Johanna Ortiz August 27, 2018
- Emmerdale fans desperate for Rodney Blackstock to survive after he collapses from a stroke August 27, 2018
- Yay or Nay : Priyanka Chopra in Cinq A Sept and Fendi August 27, 2018
Tampa, FloridaTampa is a city in the U.S. state of Florida. It serves as the county seat for Hillsborough County and is located on the west coast of Florida, on Tampa Bay near the Gulf of Mexico.
In 1824, the United States Army established a frontier outpost called Fort Brooke at the mouth of the Hillsborough River, near the site of today's Tampa Convention Center.
- Ann's Cookbook # On the menu # Inspiration and entertainment. The recipes for life. Start your day right.
Visit The Galaxy, Entertainment News and Research.
- Gunman ‘clearly targeted other gamers’ at Florida tournament
- Construction starts on Doc Ford’s restaurant at the new St. Pete pier
- Major fighting game tournament organizers to increase security at events following shooting at Madden eSports tournament
- Universal: Brazil’s Ivete Sangalo set for Florida Cup Fan Fest concert
- Cyber-threats abound as Florida gets ready to vote
- Concerns for students at Tampa Bay Tech
- A South Florida Buyer Looks to Kissimmee for Returns
- 24By7Security launches #HIPAAHappenings in South Florida
- CANCELLED MEETING of The Barrio Latino Commission
- ETCRP - Economic Development Subcommittee Meeting
- Ybor City Development Corporation Board Meeting
- West Tampa Community Redevelopment Area - Advisory Committee
- Citizen Review Board
- City Council Workshop Session
- SLBE Review Committee: Sheltered Market Program