The Dickinson High girls swim and dive team will travel to West Fargo on the evening of Thursday ‘ Miami Herald, Orlando Sentinel, Florida Today and Naples Daily News.
Top Source. The complete details.
The Dickinson High girls swim and dive team will travel to West Fargo on the evening of Thursday, Nov. 8, for the 2018 State Swimming and Diving meet taking place that weekend. The team will do so with its largest class of individual state-qualifiers in program history.
One year after 10 swimmers were sent to state, the Midgets will have 15 girls participating on the grand stage this year.
“When you got 15 out of 20, basically three-fourths of the team qualifying for state, you definitely have depth on the team,” Midgets head coach Jenna Wolf said. “We’re a well-rounded team with a lot of versatility within the group too, where it’s not just one event that’s stacked with all of our swimmers; we have a swimmer in every event.”
- Date: 2018-11-07T23:30:20-06:00
- Author: Patrick Bernadeau
- Citation: Web link
Many things are taking place:
Bomb falls in Sumter yard; hog farmers attend classes
– Thousands of Americans serving overseas are benefiting now from YMCA movements that have been developed over the years through the help of the world service program of the North American YMCAs, Carl W. ‘
* * *
– Shaw Field will play its second game of the season under the lights of Municipal Park with the 309th team from Fort Jackson furnishing the opposition. The Fliers dropped a thriller to the Columbia Army Air Base Bomb Flashers last Tuesday but are expected to be on the beam this week.
– The inoculation of dogs for rabies will begin on May 15 in Sumter County, Sheriff George L. Mabry has announced. Dr. G. R. Kitchens is to be in charge. Posters and hand bills are being distributed throughout the county showing the date and sites of the inoculations. On May 17, Dr. Kitchens is to be at Myers’ store. Sheriff Mabry stated that this location is now known as Clayton Lowder’s store, having been taken over by Mr. Lowder some time ago.
- Publisher: The Sumter Item
- Citation: Web link